Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New York, Zoo York, Jew York, Too (much) York

Highlights:

Central Park is beautiful. It isn't just the flowers that are blooming, it is the people as well - there is so much life here. An afternoon can be easily wiled away just watching, relaxing, enjoying.

The Guggenheim Museum has an exhibition on by Cai Guo Qiang. It is the most amazing exhibition that I have ever seen. His ideas are challenging, his vision is grand and his favourite material is gunpowder. Say no more.

I stood inside an Egyptian tomb over 4,000 years old in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I saw burial cloths equally as old. I now know why everyone in the world wants Egyptian cotton.

The emotion stirred by Ground Zero and stories of September 11, 2001 is still very poignant. I wonder what the Middle East is going to be like...

Seder with a group of Jewish families was... delicious! My first Jewish religious experience.

The food here is phenomenal.

The biggest highlight is that I still haven't seen a fraction of what this place has to offer. Come to New York.

2 comments:

Conditionally said...

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall...
Was my first real fall. Just on that ramp before the bridge. I "laid down". I am fine. Cannot say the same of dear Clotilde. My first thought when I saw her lying down looking all ugly was: Humm, maybe now I should get the GS...
I was very luck and I was wearing all the right gears also. The draggin jeans was tested and passed. No abrasions at all. Torn ligaments on right ankle, right knee and right shoulder bruised. Clotilde? the ferryng all scratched and broke close to the windshield. Front right indicator? gone! Hand brake lever? gone! Rear brake pedal? gone! No, there was half of it left. Lots of marvelous people stoped to ask if I was alright and to help. Was a very nice experience. Two young guys on a truck convinced me to let them put Cloti on top of truck and took us to Neutral Bay. Shall reward them with a meal at Casa Brasil. Am enjoying your "report" very much. Lots of love.

Unknown said...

ok i'll be there soon, brb