Friday, April 11, 2008

In other news...

LA is ugly, but there is definitely some movie-like magic to its bland hideousness.

I have thus far been unsuccessful in my hunt for a two-wheeled machine that will get me around this great nation. Plans for a Sunday departure may need altering, be it the date or the mode of transport.

Seeing Naomi and finally meeting her husband has been wonderful, and they have been very accommodating hosts. I will try not to burden them too longer with my immobility.
Tourist highlights include: Farmer's Markets and the Getty Centre today, seeing the rich houses in Chino Hills yesterday, Naomi and RJ's choir practice on Tuesday evening.

I'll try update again soon, hopefully with happier motorcycling news.
The Getty Centre, LA. Gorgeous.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What the hell are you doing in Chino Hills? That is right near my hood, man! I'm from Diamond Bar! So... ease up on the hideousness comments.

Hamish said...

Hahaha no no, Chino Hills was beautiful, my jaw was in my lap the whole time. I was up there trying to buy a bike...

Once you get up into the hills there are trees and gardens and varations in the landscape. Its the rest of LA thats one big, flat, grey concrete jungle. U-G-L-E-E!

Great to hear from you :-)