Saturday, February 21, 2009

Re-visions

I've been thinking lately - yes, this may come as a surprise to some of you. And there are some instances whereby I would really like to be able to convert these thoughts into written words, and, more importantly, into some sort of discussion on occasion.

The first obvious place to turn would be to my blog. Oh Internet, with your endless space for mindless musings! At first look your Shores seem clogged with lost souls selling their thoughts for cheap thrills, but then again isn't your coastline of the infinite kind?

It is a bit scary that an infinite coastline can appear to be crowded.

Which made me return to my initial posts, and to my original intentions when beginning this blog. Really, the title says it all: The Adventures of Ham.

This is supposed to be a blog about adventures. The adventures of Ham, to be precise (Ham being a shortened version of Hamish, me). I think this blog needs to see a return not to more adventurous writing, but to more writing about adventures. About travels, about the world, about interesting happenings, places I have been and people that I have seen.

I haven't forgotten that my very reason for travelling was to 'gain some world perspective' - and this blog should still reflect that perspective that I am supposed to be gaining from the above-mentioned adventures. But 'adventures', 'adventure' and 'adventuring' shall remain the focus.

Therefore I am proposing two motions (proposed by me, seconded by myself and passed by I):
1. That I have more adventures, and spend a little more time sharing, in this blog, the adventures that I have already had, and;
2. That I may begin a second blog, which will focus more on the nurturing of perspective. I say 'may', because this motion only makes it a possibility, not a definite.

In line with Motion 1, I hope to begin writing about my initial forays into Europe in a little more detail in the very near future, and share my potential plans for future adventures.

Regarding Motion 2, I will begin experimenting with the idea of taking up more space on the proverbial beaches of the internet. Being an idealist, I need to give careful consideration to whether or not I can muster the effort required to fully utilise this second space. If I can justify it, begin it, and maintain it, then I will include a link to it in a future post on this blog.

So please, stay posted. And please, don't be afraid to leave some feedback!

More adventures to come...

No comments: