Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Please don't be too dismayed

Yet another temporary post which will only briefly provide news (but no entertainment).

The next leg of my journey is now due to being: the great trek over to the west coast. Enlisted in my troop to complete such a task is the service of two Amtrak trains - one which will accompany me to Chiacgo, and another which will make the final pitch across the country to Seattle.

From Seattle I will board a bus which will whisk me up to Vancouver, where I am grateful to be met by a very distant relative who has kindly offered to put me up for a night or two.

This sojourn across these United States of America will begin this afternoon at 4pm in New York, and will find its conclusion hopefully in Vancouver by Friday evening, 5pm.

After Vancouver (and after the Memorial Day weekend which prohibits me from finding accommodation), I will visit the coffee-sipping, grunge-rocking town of Seattle for a few days before flying back into LA on May 29.

My flight to Malaysia departs from LAX at 1.40am on June 1.

I will endeavour to write something interesting on this blog between now and then. My sincerest apologies for now that there is nothing new and exciting to read - I will catch up soon.

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Conditionally said...

Hi Hamy! Got Clotilde yesterday. They are still waiting for some parts, but she is good to run. I am not. My shoulder and arm hurt a lot, nonetheless, I enjoyed the ride very much so. I missed my Cloti so much. I larned how to make cream caramel. I make one everyday. Today was orange caramel. Tomorrow I am planning to make passionfruit caramel. I dont eat them all! I give them to my friends when they come over. And they are so small.

(I had a hair cut)

Conditionally said...

I will make some to take to the airport when you comeback. Hope you like it.

Hamish said...

Creme Caramel??! That is one of my favourite desserts!! Although I do have a lot of favourite desserts...

I'm so glad you are back on your bike, you had me really worried there for a while. Send me an email sometime with a full life update? I would love to hear more from you!